When searching online, Qatari internet users expect to see website addresses with .QA domain names. Whether you are a Qatari local, a small business owner, an engineer, a construction worker, or just someone who appreciates beach camping and pearls, a .QA domain name is for you! With a .QA domain name you will rank higher in local search results and in the hearts of the locals.
Requirements for .qa, .com.qa domains
- There are no requirements.
The owner must be a commercial entity duly registered in the State of Qatar and must have either:
- A valid trade license issued within the State of Qatar by the Ministry of Business and Trade, and/or the competent authorities of the State of Qatar in accordance with Qatari laws; OR
- A registered trade mark in the State of Qatar.
If the registrant name is different or if the domain name is different from the company or trademark name, an authorization letter will be required.
Note: Below are the categories of words that are reserved or restricted by the Qatar Domains Registry and that can not be registered:
- Words related to Registry Operations
- Names of territories, distinct economies, and other geographic and geopolitical names
- Qatari Government specific Names and names of Local importance
- gTLDs strings
- ccTLDs strings
- Religion and anti-religion
- Pornography, sex and dating
- Names of alcohol and alcoholic brands
- Illegal drugs
- Criminal terms
- Deceptive terminologies
- Terms related to gambling
Please note that any application is subject to revision from the Qatar authorities; in order to avoid deletion, your domain name should not violate the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar.